Waist Beads, belly beads, waistline beads, or beaded waist chains are vibrant, colourful African accessory that consists of tiny beads on a thread or wire worn around a woman’s waist.
Depending on where one is located waist beads are a “for you only” accessory. In most African traditions, waist beads are meant to be worn under clothing. For centuries, waist beads have been worn as a symbol of femininity, fertility, sensuality, and spiritual well-being in many African countries. In recent years however, waist beads have gained popularity among women in the West.
Our waist beads are hand-made and carefully threaded on an illusion cord for durability. Typical worn on the pelvic, our waist beads are made to order and can be made to fit any size, whether you prefer to wear the pelvic, waistline, or hip, we’ve got you covered. For a more perfect fit, send us your measure of desired placement
How to Order
- Pick your desired colour.
- In “Special Instructions for Seller” in the cart section, leave a brief note of your preferred size in inches. Please also let us know if you'd like your jewelry made with a combination of colours.
- A second notification email or text will be sent out within 2-hours once order is received. The email/text will confirm details such as size, colour, and shipping or delivery date.
- A third notification will be sent out once order is ready for shipping/ delivery
- THIS PRODUCT IS NOT READILY AVAILABLE FOR SHIPPING AND DELIVERY. PLEASE ALLOW 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS FOR SHIPPING/ DELIVERY
- CURRENTLY, CUSTOM ORDERS ARE ONLY LIMITED TO AVAILABLE BEADS COLOURS AND DESIGNS. WE HOPE HAVE MORE OPTIONS IN THE NEAR FUTURE.